So I finished reading Inamorata and

I had a few days to break. I spent most of them usually working and in my spare time watching TED Talks. I have developed this syndrome of heavily watching TED after something big has happened. Finishing Inamorata was sort of big to me. Not in the sense of accomplishment, I have finished larger and more difficult books earlier, but in the sense of having peace with the feelings and the thoughts that poured upon me from the story. It's overwhelming with too many things to contemplate and re-calculate in a good sense. Many lessons to grasp and hold on to. It was also difficult to settle with the idea that one can easily find another book of at least the same quality writing-style and higher value thoughts to drive home. Then all of a sudden, after a few days, I started another Wattpad book. It is called "All we leave behind". After catching myself unable to put down the tablet expect when extremely tired, I figured out a common factor between the two books - although the heroes are totally different - that made me very happy with them. It is that the authors elaborate on the feelings of the hero in almost every situation and somehow manage to correlate the past to the present to the future. Being straightforward also while driving the point home is something so important to me. I was arguing with a friend a couple of weeks ago that I dislike those writings in which the author goes on describing the physical aspects or surroundings. I also don't like to struggle while reading by pausing and asking myself what is the point. Those authors who favor form over function or those who want me to exert some more extra effort to read in between the lines usually get me lost. In these cases I don't make it past the half of the first page or the half of the random page I have selected.

Now that I figured this out, I am ought to confess that if you read what you only like and discard what you don't like, you will never truly learn.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

بس انت شكلِك ...

Inamorata

Tethering Nokia E51 to CentOS 5.5 on HP 6730s